Langsung ke konten utama

POV

        POV, or Point of View, is a person's opinion or a particular way of thinking about something (this is what I read in the Cambridge Dictionary). Lately, I've been reading a lot of novels, including fanfiction, many of which use multiple POVs. This has piqued my curiosity.

        There's a quote from a book I read, "The Laws of Human Nature": "The world simply exists as it is—things or events are not good or bad, right or wrong, ugly or beautiful." That's why everyone has their own view on things; they see the world through different glasses. We've never been objective in seeing things in the first place. Humans are such subjective creatures.

"We are all self-absorbed, locked in our own worlds"

        Every person is different from each other. Your past shapes your present, and your present shapes your future. Life's struggles can affect two people differently, causing them to think and react in unique ways. Understanding that everyone has their own point of view helps me to better understand others. We tend to be self-absorbed.

        If you think you're right and others are wrong, have you ever wondered why they feel or think the way they do? If you're jealous of others' achievements, have you considered the sacrifices they made to succeed? If you feel that others are nicer to someone else than they are to you, have you considered their perspective on what you and others do? 

        That's why you should be careful when drawing conclusions related to people's feelings and intentions. You only know your own point of view, not others. Even with your own perspective, you often don't fully understand your own feelings and intentions.

"It’s the equivalent of an optical illusion—we cannot seem to see our faults and irrationalities, only those of others"

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Have we became the person we wanted to be?

          A painful question lingers in my mind: Why do we keep reviewing our lives and feeling disappointed with certain parts of it? Do you ever wonder how life turned out this way? I can't quite express what I'm trying to convey right now, but what I do know is that at this moment, I'm not the person I wanted to be.           Have I ever become the person I aspired to be? I don't know. But with every step I take, I keep trying. Some parts of my journey may disappoint me, while others might make me proud of myself.         The lingering feelings, the unstable heart. And then comes the next question: Will we ever truly become the person we want to be?           I think we might never reach that point, because as humans, we tend to focus on what we lack in life. It often feels like we are never enough.           But life is a journey, not a des...

Death-Cast

            How to die the right way? The only right answer is always going to be subjective. The way I prefer to die might not be the same as the way you want to die. So, how would you like to die?           If you die due to sickness, it’s going to be a long process. The people you love might have a hard time taking care of you. They might hold onto hope with a little spark of fear at the same time. They might feel thankful for still having you here, even when you can’t do much. At the same time, there’s sadness in seeing you become weak when you used to be so strong. They might wish you the best and, while it's not easy, they might better understand if you leave because seeing you sick and in pain hurts them too.           If your death is sudden, it might feel like thunder on a sunny day. Everything becomes blue and dark suddenly, leaving no time to process. They might be shocked and unabl...